( | )

Reason for closing (ixnay 18-06-2008): Ran off-topic.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> hi, new, have a few questions, hopefully not stupid ones
V
blacksail337
Jun 18 2008, 07:14 PM

Members
8-June 08
frederickburg va usa
OMB Name: ernisill

hi, just joined maybe a week ago, have known about the site for a few years but just thought it was another forum and already belonging to the DF and those forums did'nt see the need to try to keep up with 2.

then i found the downloads forums . . .

seriously freaking genius idea!

i've been a fan for around 8 years now and all along have always thought there should be somewhere to download live show recordings and videos and idiot me could have been downloading my life away here and had no clue. anyway i have a few questions about some stuff i don't completely understand.

these dvd shows that pablo and apparently alot of other people have, they're actually dvd quality videos of live shows?

how is that possible? like are they filmed by professional camera people? or just a really high quality video camera?

sorry if these are really dumb questions but i'm not up on all the million levels of quality in video/TV/DVD these days frown2.gif

and is there no means of me seeing or getting these videos other than trading with someone? because i obviously not even knowing about this until now don't have any to offer anyone.

and whats with all the top secret protection of these things? i've noticed in alot of posts if a video ends up on youtube or somewhere then it's taken away. why is that? are people using the videos to sell fakes on ebay? or making money off them some other way?

i'd kill to see these shows! despite the amount of time i've been obsessed i've never had a chance to see the guys live frown2.gif

sorry this is a novel and thanks alot if you took the time to read it all

any help or info greatly appreciated
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JackAz!
Jun 18 2008, 07:17 PM

Banned

Banned
16-January 06
Australia
OMB Name: DayOfThePhoenix

America's Army Champion!

Most of them are pretty high quality recordings.
I've done some trading with Pablo before.
Shows wont be around much longer. He got suspended.

Welcome, enjoy the videos.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rey Merin
Jun 18 2008, 07:19 PM

Mod Squad

23-February 05
Floridizzle
OMB Name: blueREY

Shows will be around. People have the videos and they can still easily be distributed.

As far as quality, it depends on the video. Some are pro quality, some aren't. What is meant by the quality, I believe, is that it's in the first few stages of degeneration. When something gets converted to a different medium, quality is lost. It's quite noticeable with VHS, which is why people like Pablo didn't accept them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JackAz!
Jun 18 2008, 07:24 PM

Banned

Banned
16-January 06
Australia

You're nuts. If you even read his signature you would have seen that he accepted VHS, converted them to DVD and sent the person back the new format.
And no, they won't be reuploaded. No Pablo = No Pablo, that includes his work.

Don't talk if you don't know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rey Merin
Jun 18 2008, 07:26 PM

Mod Squad

23-February 05
Floridizzle

I apologize. Assumptions were made.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mike
Jun 18 2008, 07:28 PM

1234, 1234

SuperMembers
24-March 05
dirty jersey
OMB Name: mike1-9

QUOTE (Rey Merin @ Jun 18 2008, 11:19 PM) *
As far as quality, it depends on the video. Some are pro quality, some aren't. What is meant by the quality, I believe, is that it's in the first few stages of degeneration. When something gets converted to a different medium, quality is lost. It's quite noticeable with VHS, which is why people like Pablo didn't accept them.

What a stand up chap, he really put the community before himself, I'll tell ya' that much!

--------------------
It comes alive when you come around.

+Quote Post
JackAz!
Jun 18 2008, 07:29 PM

Banned

Banned
16-January 06
Australia

Why the hell is this in the tech folder?

--------------------

+Quote Post
daisydeadpetals
Jun 18 2008, 07:29 PM

Advanced Member

SuperMembers
8-December 06
southern california
OMB Name: n/a

QUOTE (Rey Merin @ Jun 18 2008, 08:26 PM) *
I apologize. Assumptions were made.

That happens a lot with you doesn't it?

(Shit! there I go again! footinmouth.gif )

+Quote Post
Rey Merin
Jun 18 2008, 07:30 PM

Mod Squad

23-February 05
Floridizzle

Because it's more an issue with the site and its mechanics than an introduction.

QUOTE (daisydeadpetals @ Jun 18 2008, 11:29 PM) *

It would seem that way tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JackAz!
Jun 18 2008, 07:31 PM

Banned

Banned
16-January 06
Australia

QUOTE (daisydeadpetals @ Jun 19 2008, 01:29 PM) *

Oh no she dinnnnnn'.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ANGELSINEVERYONE
Jun 18 2008, 07:31 PM

Tardy for the party

SuperMembers
8-November 06
Tempe, AZ
OMB Name: Angelsineveryone

Cone Crazy Champion!
Smack the Rabbit Champion!
Dropkick The Faint Champion!
Flatout Champion!
Island Offroad Champion!
Kitten Cannon Champion!

QUOTE (blacksail337 @ Jun 18 2008, 08:14 PM) *
hi, just joined maybe a week ago, have known about the site for a few years but just thought it was another forum and already belonging to the DF and those forums did'nt see the need to try to keep up with 2.

then i found the downloads forums . . .

seriously freaking genius idea!

i've been a fan for around 8 years now and all along have always thought there should be somewhere to download live show recordings and videos and idiot me could have been downloading my life away here and had no clue. anyway i have a few questions about some stuff i don't completely understand.

these dvd shows that pablo and apparently alot of other people have, they're actually dvd quality videos of live shows?

how is that possible? like are they filmed by professional camera people? or just a really high quality video camera?

sorry if these are really dumb questions but i'm not up on all the million levels of quality in video/TV/DVD these days frown2.gif

and is there no means of me seeing or getting these videos other than trading with someone? because i obviously not even knowing about this until now don't have any to offer anyone.

and whats with all the top secret protection of these things? i've noticed in alot of posts if a video ends up on youtube or somewhere then it's taken away. why is that? are people using the videos to sell fakes on ebay? or making money off them some other way?

i'd kill to see these shows! despite the amount of time i've been obsessed i've never had a chance to see the guys live frown2.gif

sorry this is a novel and thanks alot if you took the time to read it all

any help or info greatly appreciated

They wont be re-uploaded for a while.

And welcome to the Series.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JackAz!
Jun 18 2008, 07:37 PM

Banned

Banned
16-January 06
Australia

QUOTE (Rey Merin @ Jun 19 2008, 01:30 PM) *
Because it's more an issue with the site and its mechanics than an introduction.

According to ixnay, Pablo's not connected anymore to the site/community, so it shouldn't be here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rey Merin
Jun 18 2008, 07:42 PM

Mod Squad

23-February 05
Floridizzle

QUOTE (blacksail337 @ Jun 18 2008, 11:14 PM) *

Of said questions, Pablo is mentioned once as being an owner of the DVD shows. The questions themselves deal with the video content, means of acquiring them, and protection. Pablo is a part of the community. But that's unrelated to the issues at hand. However, any further inquiries about the situation with Pablo can be discussed here, and not in this topic.

The thread belongs here. Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ixnay
Jun 18 2008, 09:33 PM

Board Leader

Admixistrator
16-February 05
Your imagination
OMB Name: ixnay

Mini Golf Gold Champion!

Pablo said months ago he's not offering anymore videos. So his suspension has nothing to do with it.

As I said before - there was a venting thread. Do not run it into other or you will find yourself on the sidelines.

Last warning, Jack.

+Quote Post

Reason for closing (ixnay 18-06-2008): Ran off-topic.
Closed TopicStart new topic

: · ·

· · ·

Toggle sidebar
: 27th July 2017 - 04:37 AM