( | )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When is AFI's contract up with Interscope
V
r2z
Jul 12 2010, 01:15 PM

Playing Pokemon cards and shit like that, (psych:)

SuperMembers
19-February 06
Chizilla,Illa
OMB Name: r2z

I thought that I saw somewhere that they signed a three cd contract with them. Thus meaning that cl would be the last one on that label.
DU
I heard a voice
and CL

I also heard that the BA deal was only two??? So this would be the last.
Any ideas on where they might sign, or if they would resign?

--------------------

The Never Ending Journey, PS Nobody fucks with the Blackhawks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ANGELSINEVERYONE
Jul 12 2010, 01:25 PM

Tardy for the party

SuperMembers
8-November 06
Tempe, AZ
OMB Name: Angelsineveryone

Cone Crazy Champion!
Smack the Rabbit Champion!
Dropkick The Faint Champion!
Flatout Champion!
Island Offroad Champion!
Kitten Cannon Champion!

Whats up Chris?!

It doesn't seem that Interscope is very enthusiastic about AFI anymore BUT I think they will re-sign with Interscope IMO. I know AFI/BA have the skills to go one their own and make a living and they have a passionate, built in fan base but I just don't see them pulling a NIN just yet. I don't think that a smaller label can handle them and its hard to get any bigger than Univeral/Interscope. So at this point IMO it is either re-sign with Interscope or go on their own.

--------------------

+Quote Post
r2z
Jul 12 2010, 01:33 PM

SuperMembers
19-February 06
Chizilla,Illa

Damn, I just feel like Interscope is holding them back. Whatever it was that I read was a blog where people could ask questions and the guy would answer. The guy was there old sound guy or something, and his answers made it seem like interscope was making AFI be something they weren't wanting to be.
I bookmark the site at work and will post it on here tomorrow. Made me look at AFI in an all new light. Not to ruffle any feathers but IMO the last two releases weren't up to pair on the level that AFI has been growing as a band. IMO, they were too drastic of a change over too short of a period. I think interscope is behind it all.

My bad dude, whats up Brandon. I haven't been on recently.

--------------------

+Quote Post
r2z
Jul 12 2010, 01:42 PM

SuperMembers
19-February 06
Chizilla,Illa

Please no one take this as a bash or anything on the band. This is all IMO. Please, talk it up, but in no means am I bashing the band. Maybe, they love the music that they are making, but I just don't think so.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mada!
Jul 12 2010, 03:53 PM

Manass [WonderAssTwin]

SuperMembers
27-April 05
Also The Panty Cave
OMB Name: Mada

I hope Interscope doesn't resign them and they jump back on a smaller label.

--------------------
I want my name. to waltz right off of their tongues, like a secret they can't keep.

Albino Vagino

+Quote Post
ANGELSINEVERYONE
Jul 12 2010, 04:15 PM

Tardy for the party

SuperMembers
8-November 06
Tempe, AZ
OMB Name: Angelsineveryone

Yeah that was Mikey Rhino's Formspring, I believe. I think Mikey is a little bitter about it and hasn't worked for them for a while now.

I don't really think that Interscope has any hand in the changes that the band has made, based on my perception of their integrity they have shown in the past. I think the changes boil down to AFI wanting to change and move away from their past image (STS and before), not because the label wanted them to do. For example, Davey has said in multiple interviews that if it was up to him, he would only perform crash_love.gif songs at shows. They seem to be 'over' the way they were and I don't think we will ever see it again.

It wouldn't make any sense that the label would try to change AFI (as far as DU to CL) because DU was a smash hit, sold gang busters, #1 on Billboard and was all around crazy successful and if anything the label would want more of the same, so it would sell records but they changed anyways. And judging by the way Interscope treated CL (lack of promotion/advertising/music videos) the label would seem to have been upset or not on board with the changes AFI made to their sound.

----

Also, I think the circumstances that AFI was dealing with personally (no money, endless travel, trouble relationships ,etc) while writing the records of their 'glory days' (BSITS, AOD, STS) were the major inspiration to those albums. And flat out, they are not dealing with those issues anymore. They have tons of money, Davey and Jade are in steady relationships (as far as I know), they have a plush tour schedule. They don't have much to bitch about anymore except social issues and it does not seem that they are as passionate about the social issues as they were about the personal issues. I think it is just a matter of them being in a different spot.

Sorry for the length smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
firebug327
Jul 12 2010, 07:29 PM

Ruby Member

SuperMembers
11-April 08
Somewhere else
OMB Name: n/a

I agree with Brandon. However, it would be cool if they did go all NIN.
Because I love free music and lots of it.

--------------------
I have learned not to sweat the petty things and not to pet the sweaty things
Unwisely, Santa offered a teddy bear to James, unaware that he had been mauled by a grizzly earlier that year.

+Quote Post
ChristianShane
Jul 12 2010, 07:55 PM

Birds ate my face.

SuperMembers
7-June 08
Richmond/NOLA
OMB Name: Givememalice

Right now I don't really know what I believe in regards to what hand Interscope play/ed/s in the band's evolution, what with insiders claiming one thing and Adam coming right out and denying creative control being in the hands of anyone other than the band.

Were they to go out on their own it seems like they'd be able to take more creative, interesting approaches to promotion, videos, etc. I'd like to think there wouldn't be any hang ups with EPs and unreleased tracks like we've seen so frequently over the years.

I think they'll resign, though.

QUOTE (ANGELSINEVERYONE @ Jul 12 2010, 08:15 PM) *
Sorry for the length smile.gif

heybaby.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
dontneedagun
Jul 13 2010, 02:41 AM

Ew. It's not a jewel, it's a dirty old piece of crap!

SuperMembers
9-June 05
Norwich, UK
OMB Name: *skoldilocks*

Pool Jam Champion!
The Strongbow Rooms Champion!
Battleships Champion!

QUOTE (ANGELSINEVERYONE @ Jul 13 2010, 01:15 AM) *
Also, I think the circumstances that AFI was dealing with personally (no money, endless travel, trouble relationships ,etc) while writing the records of their 'glory days' (BSITS, AOD, STS) were the major inspiration to those albums. And flat out, they are not dealing with those issues anymore. They have tons of money, Davey and Jade are in steady relationships (as far as I know), they have a plush tour schedule. They don't have much to bitch about anymore except social issues and it does not seem that they are as passionate about the social issues as they were about the personal issues. I think it is just a matter of them being in a different spot.

I think this is really plausible, well put.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rabbits_are_road...
Jul 19 2010, 03:01 PM

I'm as apathetic as the wind

SuperMembers
9-October 05
La Tercera Nacion
OMB Name: diacrusis

they should totally hit it up the DIY way!

--------------------
.................. What Difference Does it Make? ................

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

: · ·

· · ·

Toggle sidebar
: 19th October 2017 - 06:40 AM