( | )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dr-Dr-Dr-Dreamcast, Possible Overheating Issues?
V
the fox
Sep 10 2009, 10:22 PM

PUNCH.THAT.SHIT.

SuperMembers
19-October 06
North Carolina
OMB Name: n/a

Quarterback Challenge Champion!
Major Slant Champion!

My Dreamcast will only play for about 10-20 minutes (30 MAX) before freaking out in a number of ways (glitching into oblivion/refusing to load/going to a blank screen but the music still plays/just going completely blank/freezing up/returning me to the main system option screen/etc.) At first I thought maybe it was the game (it had a few light scratches, but nothing that should warrant such behavior), but after trying all my games I've discovered that it does it with all of them. After the first 20-ish minute play before it freezes it rarely ever works again until at least an hour later.

This leads me to believe that maybe it's an overheating problem? The fan is working properly, as far as I can tell. Anyone know of something else that could be the problem? Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated. I miss my Dreamcast frown2.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shadowsoal
Sep 11 2009, 08:00 AM

Phoenix

SuperMembers
24-September 06
Rochester NY
OMB Name: Shadowsoal

There are a ton of things this could be, none of them are identifiable by someone who isn't seasoned at working with electronics, unless you wanna chance totally fucking your system up. If you really want to play your dreamcast games, buy a new dreamcast, or bring yours into a retro game repair shop and get it repaired.

--------------------
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together. Okay, 3 2 1 let's jam!
user posted image

+Quote Post
the fox
Sep 11 2009, 02:02 PM

PUNCH.THAT.SHIT.

SuperMembers
19-October 06
North Carolina
OMB Name: n/a

Yeah, I thought so. I'll check out getting it repaired, but I may just get a new one either way. Can't hurt to have a backup.

Thanks dude. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

: · ·

· · ·

Toggle sidebar
: 18th October 2017 - 12:33 PM