> Registry cleaner
V
Kristen
Jan 24 2010, 05:17 PM

Thread Leader

SuperMembers
21-November 05
OMB Name: krisurb

So, my parent's computer runs incredibly slow and is always freezing. Since my laptop is currently being fixed, I have to use their piece of junk when at their house. There are so many registry errors, etc, slowing it down, that I can barely do any work on it. So, I'm wondering what program is the best for cleaning up the computer and fixing the errors? I used WinASO to scan the computer to see what errors there are, but I haven't registered the product yet (it's $29.95). I was waiting to see if maybe any of you knew of a cheaper product or if you have a better recommendation? It was my old computer that I had for nearly six years, so a ton of unfixed problems are now wreaking havoc! So, any help from you guys would be appreciated!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shadowsoal
Jan 24 2010, 07:05 PM

Phoenix

SuperMembers
24-September 06
Rochester NY
OMB Name: Shadowsoal

Best way to fix up a computer is to save any sensitive data to external media, and format the whole thing. Keep in mind, this is only a good idea if (A) you have the operating system disk (cool.gif you don't have any applications that you would have issues reinstalling that you care about. Generally registry cleaners will help a little, but nothing will optimize the machine like a totally clean start, but I realize that often isn't possible or the amount of effort needed outweighs the reward. If the latter is the case, I've heard good things about http://www.regcure.com/lp/revenuewire/11/

--------------------
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together. Okay, 3 2 1 let's jam!
user posted image

+Quote Post
Kristen
Jan 24 2010, 07:54 PM

Thread Leader

SuperMembers
21-November 05
OMB Name: krisurb

Thanks for replying!

I found something called Advanced System Care that has fixed the registry errors and other issues my computer had. It worked wonders, and my computer was finally fast again. Sadly, after about an hour, my computer was sluggish. So, I think formatting it will have to be my option. I have all of the original disks, so formating the computer shouldn't be a big deal. I/my parents don't currently have any applications on it that are important either, which is good. But, since I'm such a novice when it comes to computers, I'll probably have my computer-savy friend do it for me. Lord knows I won't know what I'm doing. Again, thanks for the help!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

: · ·

· · ·

Toggle sidebar
: 23rd April 2017 - 11:47 AM