V
TheAceOfSpades
Aug 21 2009, 07:09 PM

Assling [WonderAssTwin]

SuperMembers
30-May 06
The Panty Cave
OMB Name: TheAceOfSpades

I just got a new laptop and I want to know how I can keep the battery life in it as good as it can be. My last laptop I way overcharged, so the battery would only last for around 10 minutes while unplugged. I don't want this to happen again, so if someone could give me some advice about how to keep this charged without overcharging, that'd be fab. smile.gif

--------------------
And I'd give up forever to touch you, 'cause I know that you feel me somehow. You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be and I don't want to go home right now.

YADAMNGAWFKID.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cheerfulnightmar...
Aug 22 2009, 11:32 AM

Midnight Magnolia

SuperMembers
19-October 05
Maryland
OMB Name: Sa Sa

I did the same thing to my current laptop. The battery hasn't stayed charged for more than 5 minutes for like 2 years now. It is quite annoying.

I'm not sure if it is the same with laptops, but I've always heard with cell phones, you're supposed to let them completely die about once a month and then charge it back up while it is turned off. Not sure if that actually helps at all, but I didn't have any problems with the battery in my old phone, even after 2 years.

--------------------
All hail the SPORKY one!

+Quote Post
TheAceOfSpades
Aug 23 2009, 06:14 PM

Assling [WonderAssTwin]

SuperMembers
30-May 06
The Panty Cave

Yeah, I think you're right. The same thing happened with my phone until I left it charging too long. Thanks though. smile.gif

--------------------
And I'd give up forever to touch you, 'cause I know that you feel me somehow. You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be and I don't want to go home right now.

YADAMNGAWFKID.

+Quote Post
Shadowsoal
Aug 23 2009, 06:53 PM

Phoenix

SuperMembers
24-September 06
Rochester NY
OMB Name: Shadowsoal

I use a ThinkPad which I keep plugged in nearly all the time. It still has something along the lines of 75-80% of its original battery life. Which is mostly due to the ThinkPad's fantastic power management software.

If you want to get the most out of any rechargeable battery you will charge it all the way down very often, and recharge it while it isn't delivering a charge. So once a week leave your laptop on all night, such that it does, and then charge it to full without turning it on after the fact. I've done this with a cell phone for the past 3 years and it still has ~5 days worth of charge.

In general laptops have power management software that you can use to maximize your battery life. So it's not a huge issue, and if the battery starts to suck, replacements are usually less than $100.

--------------------
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together. Okay, 3 2 1 let's jam!
user posted image

+Quote Post
TheAceOfSpades
Aug 23 2009, 08:54 PM

Assling [WonderAssTwin]

SuperMembers
30-May 06
The Panty Cave

Thanks Jake! I was hoping you'd see this and reply, haha, you know EVERYTHING. Like a magic 8 ball but way hotter. heybaby.gif

--------------------

YADAMNGAWFKID.

+Quote Post
Shadowsoal
Aug 24 2009, 05:36 AM

Phoenix

SuperMembers
24-September 06
Rochester NY
OMB Name: Shadowsoal

I do what I can.

--------------------
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together. Okay, 3 2 1 let's jam!
user posted image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

: · ·

· · ·

Toggle sidebar
: 12th December 2017 - 09:10 PM